I. Project Profile
For the purpose of satisfying the growing demand of the international community for Chinese language teachers and facilitating Chinese language education all over the world, the Center for Language Education and Cooperation (CLEC) will continue with the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship, aiming to cultivate qualified overseas Chinese teachers. Overseas Confucius Institutes, independently operated Confucius Classrooms, certain HSK test centers, Chinese Language normal colleges or departments in foreign universities, professional associations for Chinese language instruction of other countries,Chinese embassies (consulates) abroad (collectively “recommending institutions”) may recommend outstanding students and currently-employed Chinese language teachers to study in Chinese universities and colleges (“host institutions”).
Zhongnan University of Economics and Law (ZUEL), as one of the Host Institutions, welcomes applicants from all over the world to study at ZUEL.
1. Non-Chinese citizens;
2. Friendly to China, no criminal record, abide by the laws and regulations of the China and the rules and regulations of the schools;
3. In good physical and mental conditions, and with a good record of academic performance and conduct;
4. Aspiring to work in the Chinese language education and related fields;
5. Aged between 16 and 35, with the special allowance for the age limit of 45 (as of 1st September, 2023) for applicants currently working as Chinese language teachers;
III. Scholarship Program and Qualifications
1. Scholarship for One-Year Study Program:The program commences in September 2023, and the scholarship is provided for a maximum of eleven months. International students who have benefited from similar scholarships are not eligible. Applicants of international Chinese language education programs shall have a minimum score of 270 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required. Applicants of Chinese language and literature programs shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 4) and 60 on the HSKK test (Intermediate Level). Applicants of Chinese language study programs shall have a minimum score of 210 on the HSK test (Level 3), and priority will be given to applicants who provide an HSKK test score.
2. Scholarship for One-Semester Study Program: The program commences in September 2023, and the scholarship is provided for a maximum of five months. Applicants holding the X1/X2 visa category are not eligible. Applicants shall have a minimum score of 180 on the HSK test (Level 3), and an HSKK test score is required.
IV.Standard and the Coverage of the Scholarship
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodations fees, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. The monthly allowance for one-year study program students and one-semester study program students is RMB 2,500 per person.
A double room is provided freely. If you want to stay in a single room, you need to pay an additional amount of accommodation fee.
1. Log in the International Chinese Language Teachers Scholarship application website from March 1, 2023：http://www.chinese.cn/page/#/pcpage/project_detail, (applicants can choose Zhongnan University of Economics and Law with the agency code: 10520);
2. Log in the International Student Online Service system of Zhongnan University of Economics and Law( http://iesmis.zuel.edu.cn/member/login.do). After registering successfully, please fill out the registration information and upload the application materials;
3. Upload application materials online; and track the application progress, comments and results;
4. Scholarship holders need to confirm with Zhongnan University of Economics and Law to go through the procedures of studying in China, and print out the scholarship certificate online;
5. Register at Zhongnan University of Economics and Law on the designated date written on the letter of admission.
VI. Application Deadlines (Beijing Time)
May 15, 2023 (for enrollment in September 2023)
VII. Application Documents
All the following documents should be in high quality scanned copy:
1. Passport copy (the page with photo);
2. HSK certificate, HSKK certificate (valid for two years) copies;
3. Recommendation letter by the head of the Recommending Institution;
4. Currently employed Chinese language teachers should provide proof of employment and and a reference letter from the employer;
5. Applicants under 18 shall provide certified documents of designation signed by their entrusted legal guardians in China(Appendix 1) ;
6. Medical certificate. Applicants should submit the Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Appendix 2) which should be filled in English. The original copy shall be kept by the applicant.Applicants shall have the examination in strict accordance with the items required in the Form. The Form is invalid with missing items, without affixing a photo stamped with a Paging seal, or without the signature and seal of the doctor and the hospital. Since the examination results are valid for 6 months, applicants are requested to determine the time of the examination accordingly;
7. Certificate of no criminal conviction. Applicants shall submit the certificate of no criminal record within the valid period issued by the local Public Security Organ, which usually should be within 6 months before the date of submitting the application.;
8. Other supporting materials requited by Zhongnan University of Economics and Law.
VIII. Other Announcements
1. The application will not be accepted if application materials are incomplete or do not meet the enrollment;
2. The application qualification will be canceled upon verification if application materials are falsified or not filled in by the applicant;
3. The applicant should inform the Zhongnan University of Economics and Law in writing 15 days before the registration date and indicate the reason when the applicant is unable to register for any reason;
4. Students who fail to pass the physical examination, drop out , fail to registration on the date and suspend school without permission, will be disqualified from scholarship.
IX. For any questions, please contact the Division of Test and Scholarships of CLEC
+86-10-58595744（Latin America, Oceania）
X. Contact Information
Post code: 430073
Contact: Miss Gan, Miss Zhu
English Website: http://ies-en.zuel.edu.cn