In order to satisfy the needs of the rapid development of international education in China, safeguard legitimate rights of international students, refine Emergency Mechanism, and optimize international education environment, The International Cooperation and Exchange Bureau of the Ministry of Education has made and issued the Provisional Regulations on Compulsory International Student Insurance at Higher Institutions of Learning (ICEBoMoE  No.1078). The following instructions combined with the actual conditions of this university are formulated in accordance with the spirit of superior documents：
1. International students who study in this university for no less than one semester (including one semester) must buy the authorized group comprehensive insurance for international students in China.
2. International students who need to buy the authorized group comprehensive insurance shall pay insurance premium when they pay tuition.
3. When departments and units of the university sign agreements of accepting international students with overseas colleges, universities or institutions, they must confirm the payer and the method of payment of the group comprehensive insurance for international students in accordance with the rules of Article 1. If the stipulation contains no explicit provision, they shall pay the insurance at their own expense.
4. International students must present their certificates of purchased insurance of Ping An international students insurance if they buy the insurance by themselves when they are registering, or else they cannot go through the formalities of registration and residence permit for the foreigners.
5. Given that Lianhua International Insurance Brokers (Beijing) Co., Ltd. has been an insurance company which accepts the applications of Chinese government scholarship students for “comprehensive insurance for international students”, this university also appoints the “comprehensive insurance for international students” of Lianhua International Insurance Brokers (Beijing) Co., Ltd. as the authorized group insurance for international students in order to ensure the equality of the standards of insurances enjoyed by international students.
6. Detailed issues that are related to the comprehensive insurance for international students in China shall be dealt with in accordance with the relevant articles formulated by Lianhua International Insurance Brokers (Beijing) Co., LTD. The company's web site: https://www.lxbx.net/home.
7. All international students are required to have medical insurance in ZUEL (at least including Outpatient, Casualty, Hospitalization Insurance and Death Insurance). International students who have bought medical insurance before coming to China shall pay attention to the coverage and usage of insurances. As to specific medical treatments, medical procedure and the coverage of medical insurances, please refer to relevant documents.
①International freshmen who enter China with X visas shall go to Hubei Health Inspection and Quarantine Center for verification of physical examination upon arrival. Those who fail to pass the verification are required to go through another physical examination. Those who are not suitable for study because of certain disease shall return their countries immediately.
②All the international students who enjoy the comprehensive insurance for international students of Lianhua International Insurance Brokers (Beijing) Co., LTD, could go to public hospital to have the outpatient treatment. In that case, the student shall pay for the medical expenses by themselves first, and then, claim for part of the compensation for the medical costs from insurance company with the original receipts, medical case book, relevant certificate materials etc. If student needs to be hospitalized who have to contact with insurance company first, the insurance company shall bear a certain amount of fees for treatment, medicine and bed in accordance with related regulations. For detailed rules, please take the relevant regulation of insurance company as the standard，please call Insurance Company before treatment：4008105119 to 1.
③If the student need to be hospitalized for any reason (including accidents or serious diseases), please consult the insurance company first, and go to the hospital receiving advance payment (attached:List of hospitals receiving advance payment in Wuhan), and inform the teacher of the IES office (Office 610 in WenHuan Building) in time. If the student goes to any other hospitals (public hospital), the advance payment method cannot be used. Once the student recovers and checks out, he or she can apply for health insurance benefits.
④International students should pay the expenses on such items as dentures, glasses, abortion, nutriment, tonics and some medicines that cannot be applied for reimbursement according to relevant regulations.
⑤Anyone who violates laws and regulations leading to accidental injuries shall be responsible for all the subsequent expenses.