Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship set up by China’s Ministry of Education to support prestigious Chinese universities to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. Zhongnan University of Economics and Law(ZUEL), one of the designated Chinese universities, welcomes excellent international students to study master or doctoral programs under this program.
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health;
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
-be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
-be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs;
3. Applicants should not be holding any other scholarship.
II. Supporting Categories and Duration
1. Supporting Category. This scholarship only supports graduate students.
2. Duration. This scholarship only supports master’s students for 2-3 academic years or doctoral students for 3 academic years.
III. Scholarship Coverage
This is a full scholarship which covers
3.Stipend: Master student 3000RMB/month, Doctoral student 3500RMB/month;
4. Foreign Students Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
IV. Application Procedure
1.Log in CSC Online Application System (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) and complete the application form,(Choose Type B, fill in the ZUEL agency code 10520).
2.Submit all the required documents to the system before the deadline.
V. Application Documents
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (Download from CSC Online Application System);
2. Copy of Passport Home Page: Applicant shall submit a clear scanned copy of his/her ordinary passport with validity later than March 1st, 2022. If the validity of the current passport does not meet the requirement, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application;
3. Notarized highest diploma: Prospective diploma winners must submit official proof of student status by their current school. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
4. Academic transcripts: Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations;
5. A Study Plan or Research Proposal in Chinese or English. The content should
include application reasons, family financial condition, education and work experience and personal award and strong points etc. At least 800 words;
6. Recommendation letters: Applicants for graduate programs must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors(signature and contact information are necessary);
7. Language qualification certificate:For Chinese-taught programs: students should submit certificate HSK 5 or above. For English-taught programs: students should submit TOEFL: 80 ,IELTS: 6.0. or the certificate of previous degree program which is taught in English;
8. Foreigner Physical Examination Form: The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take physical examination as the result is valid for only 6 months.(Please log in http://ies-en.zuel.edu.cn/2018/0104/c2226a184470/page.htm to download) ;
9. Non-criminal record report. The applicant shall submit a valid certificate of Non-Criminal Record issued by the local public security authority, usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application;
10. Other additional documents (e.g. certificate of work or internship, award, publications).
1. All uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid. Applicants are recommended to use professional device to scan the relevant documents. Applicants will be responsible for any consequences caused by unclear or unidentifiable uploaded materials;
2. ZUEL does Not accept any hard-copy application documents;
3. Admission documents will be sent to the permanent address written on the application form. Please ensure that the contact information is valid and accurate. The mailing address with P.O.Box is NOT accepted;
4. Please bring the originals of all the above-mentioned documents when you register .Those who provide a prospective diploma certificate must bring the original official graduation certificate for verification;
5. Please contact ZUEL directly, ZUEL does Not entrust any individual or agent for enrollment.
VI. Application Deadline
VII. Admission and Notification
1. ZUEL will review all the application documents;
2. CSC will review eligibility and qualifications of candidates nominated by ZUEL, and decide the final list of scholarship winners;
3. ZUEL will inform and send the admission documents (Admission Letter and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201)) to scholarship recipients.
1. The result of 2021 Chinese Government Scholarship- Chinese University Program
will be announced on the website of International Education School (http://ies.zuel.edu.cn/main.htm). The official wechat account will also release the results. Please keep following the updates of the website and wechat account as well;
2. Scholarship recipients should go through the registration procedures on the date stipulated by the university. Those who fail to register after the deadline without approval will be regarded as giving up their student status automatically, and their scholarship qualification will be automatically canceled and recorded in the admissions integrity record of ZUEL;
3. Scholarship recipients MUST participate in annual scholarship evaluation. Scholarship holders who fail to meet the requirements will have their scholarship canceled;
4. Scholarship recipients can not change their major or study period.
Reminder: Affected by the global pandemic, if international students cannot arrive our university in the fall semester of 2021, we will still offer online teaching, and the timetable will be arranged in Beijing time. Applicants should consider it carefully according to this situation before applying.
IX. Major Information
Categories of Programs
X. Contact Information
Address: International Education School, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law 182# Nanhu Avenue, East Lake High-tech Development Zone, Wuhan, Hubei Province, P.R.China, 430073
Contact person: Ms. Zhu
International Education School
March 16, 2021
2021 Chinese Government Scholarship univerisity program.pdf